The CDJ-2000 is a DJ controller that features a 6.1 inch screen and a touchpad controller.
The Pioneer CDJ-1000 CD Turntable was revolutionary when it launched because it was among the first devices to mimic vinyl turntables without the vinyl. Now, upgraded and equipped with a huge, 6.1-inch screen, the CDJ-2000 wants to up the ante.
The screen is able to display song info, album art, wave data and other advanced song info. In addition to the WQVGA screen (480x234), the CDJ-2000 brings a number of enhancements over its predecessor. For starters, it has a touch-sensitive area called the "Needle Pad," which lets users jump to a specific song point with the flick of a finger. Secondly, the turntables can now act as a MIDI controller for other devices, with all of its 35 buttons at the ready for musical manipulation. Lastly, it comes equipped with Pioneer's "Pro DJ Link," which lets you plug and external data source into one turntable, and access that data on any other CDJ-2000 turntable linked up to the system.
- Multi Format Playback - The CDJ-2000 enables playback of MP3, AAC, WAV and AIFF audio files on CD,DVD-ROM, SD card and USB memory devices.
- Pro DJ Link - New Pioneer Pro DJ Link that enables up to four CDJ-2000/900s to beconnected and share a single music source.
- 6.1" Full Color LCD panel and Graphic User Interface - For displaying song titles, jacket art as well as detailed track information and wave form display of each song so DJs can find informatio nneeded to select a song at a glance.
- Needle Search - Helps DJs instantaneously get to a specific part of a song with a simple touch of the Needle Search pad.
- MIDI - Users can assign various buttons of the CDJ-2000 to trigger other devices, such as DJ effecters and software with MIDI mapping capability.
- Free Rekordbox Music Management Software Included - Both the CDJ-2000 and CDJ-900 turntables include rekordbox, Pioneer's proprietary music management software that organizes and catalogs a DJ's entire music library. When music files are imported to rekordbox, the software analyzes each file and prepares them for use specifically with thenew CDJ turntables.